Monday, October 19, 2020

Stevie Nicks and the selfishness of abortion

 Stevie Nicks, whose music I actually like, said the following about her decision to kill her unborn child:


“If I had not had that abortion, I’m pretty sure there would have been no Fleetwood Mac,” “There’s just no way that I could have had a child then, working as hard as we worked constantly. And there were a lot of drugs, I was doing a lot of drugs … I would have had to walk away.”

“And I knew that the music we were going to bring to the world was going to heal so many people’s hearts and make people so happy,” “And I thought: you know what? That’s really important. There’s not another band in the world that has two lead women singers, two lead women writers. That was my world’s mission.”

What she's saying is that her happiness was worth more than the life of her child; that's amazingly selfish.

Parent's are supposed to take care of their kids not kill them.

Nicks dedicated a song to "daddy" so it appears she benefited from parents who, unlike here, actually loved their children.

The child she killed could have discovered the cure for AIDS or COVID19, she could have become President, he could have brought peace to the Middle East.  We won't know while we're alive.

But we do know that if there had been no Fleetwood Mac he world would have gone on without any problem. In fact Fleetwood Mac was doing fine before Nicks joined so the impact of her taking some time off, remember she could have had the baby and then put her up for adoption, wouldn't have been earth shattering.

But by killing her baby Nicks got what she wanted; it was a purely selfish act.

No comments: