He still favors killing the inconvenient, especially if they are Black or Latino--Black women are 5 times as likely to kill their unborn child as whites and Latino's are 3 times as likely.
While he believes its ok to kill the unborn he doesn't think Americans should be allowed to chose to buy safe light bulbs.
When the new energy efficient bulbs break they release toxic mercury vapor. In fact the EPA has some pretty scary instructions on what to do when one of these new bulbs breaks--see them at the end of this post.
But Obama feels that a mother who doesn't want to risk exposing her children to toxins shouldn't have a choice.
I guess the only choice Obama supports is killing the unborn.
Here are the instructions from http://epa.gov/cfl/cflcleanup.html
- Have people and pets leave the room.
- Air out the room for 5-10 minutes by opening a window or door to the outdoor environment.
- Shut off the central forced air heating/air-conditioning system, if you have one.
- Collect materials needed to clean up broken bulb:
- stiff paper or cardboard;
- sticky tape;
- damp paper towels or disposable wet wipes (for hard surfaces); and
- a glass jar with a metal lid or a sealable plastic bag.
- DO NOT VACUUM. Vacuuming is not recommended unless broken glass remains after all other cleanup steps have been taken. Vacuuming could spread mercury-containing powder or mercury vapor.
- Be thorough in collecting broken glass and visible powder.
- Place cleanup materials in a sealable container.
- Promptly place all bulb debris and cleanup materials outdoors in a trash container or protected area until materials can be disposed of properly. Avoid leaving any bulb fragments or cleanup materials indoors.
- If practical, continue to air out the room where the bulb was broken and leave the heating/air conditioning system shut off for several hours.