Monday, July 16, 2018

It's a lie; Trump did not say that the Russians didn't meddle in the election

Here's what he said:

Here’s what really happened. First Trump said:

During today's meeting, I addressed directly with President Putin the issue of Russian interference in our elections.
I felt this was a message best delivered in person. I spent a great deal of time talking about it and President Putin may very well want to address it and very strongly, because he feels very strongly about it and he has an interesting idea.
Trump later followed up with:

I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today and what he did is an incredible offer. 
He offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators, with respect to the 12 people. I think that's an incredible offer. Ok?


Because the media was distorting what he’d said Trump clarified his position with a subsequent 
tweet:
As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018



1 comment:

One of God's Kids said...

I agree with everything you said about Trump not saying there was no meddling but one. He did say why would they? That was the kicker.. not a admission but not needed to add. He could of phrase it all a lot better.. example.

Putin denies Russia’s alleged involvement in trying to influence our election. There are many who agree and disagree with that opinion. Moving forward, I just want to make it clear that the United States will not tolerate any involvement from ANY nation in our election process.. The US & Russia MUST work together. The stakes are too high. The 7 billion people on Earth need our leaders to work together.”